The Running Section became an official Section of The WPCC in 1998 and since then has become a substantial contributor to all aspects of the Club. The annual Landmarks 21km and 6km fun run has grown to be one of the most popular events on the running calender. For more information on this race visit the website at www.landmarks21.co.za
Take place on Tuesday evenings leaving the Club at 17:30 from the water point at the entrance to the Club. Anyone is welcome to join. The distance is between 4km and 6km. The pace will be decided on the day and depend on who is running on the day.
Every Thursday, no matter the weather, starting and finishing at “The Runners Tap” which is at the entrance to the Clubhouse. Walkers are welcome and will leave 15 minutes before the runners.
- Winter: 17h30 (Walkers: 17h15)
- Summer: 17h45 (Walkers: 17h30)
Running Licence & Running Vest
- The running vest is available from Mark Strybis.
- The running licence is available from Mark Strybis. The cost is R135.
- The running licence is to be attached on the front and back of your vest.
- Your race number is to go on the front, it can cover your licence but the licence sponsor must be visible.
- If you want to claim an age category place you must wear the official age category tag, sew this on as well.
Chairman: Mark Strybis – email@example.com