Western Province Cricket Club is inviting appropriately qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the above position. In this role, the successful candidate will need to balance the traditions, protocols and etiquette of the Club with the thinking and practice surrounding modern-day coaching and player development. Reporting to the Cricket chairman and the cricket committee, the successful applicant shall at all times conduct his/her duties in line with the objectives of the Cricket Section; that is to administer, organise, control, promote and foster the playing of cricket for the benefit of WPCC members. This position will initially be a 7-month coaching contract (September 2019 –March 2020), but it is envisaged that it will develop, over time, into a full-time DIRECTOR OF CRICKET position.
- Minimum Level 3 CSA coaching qualification.
- A proven track record of more than 5 years of coaching, including experience of coaching a premier league club as well as elite players on an individual basis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literacy.
- Driver’s licence and own car.
- Senior Coaching: As per the requirements determined by the Committee from time to time.
- Junior coaching: Annual assessment of Junior section coaching needs based on numbers/finances and the recommendation of a suitable program to Committee.
- Discipline: To promote cricketing etiquette and appropriate behaviour both on and off the cricket field –including dress, language, alcohol and all relevant issues.
- Selection: Detailed input into weekly selection meetings. Written and timely notification of teams.
- Administration: Registration of all players, submission of match cards, membership checks and all functions of the match secretary.
- Player reviews: Both pre-season and post-season written reviews of each 1st XI player’s potential and performance.
- Season review: Annual written review, including playing and budgetary performance –and planning for the following season.
- Grounds: Weekly written report on pitches, outfields, outdoor nets.
- Equipment: Monitoring and control of all indoor and outdoor equipment.Purchasing recommendations.
- Attendance: At all Section meetings, functions, fund-raisers, as well as WPCA General Council meetings and WPCA coaches’ meetings.
- Communication: Fixtures, results, scores and news into Club newsletter and website/social media.
- Coaching Review: Full analysis and review of the current coaching structures with implementation of improvements where necessary.
Longer Term Strategies:
- Recruitment: Grow the player base and membership income, including active engagement with schools.
- Indoor Centre: Develop an in-house coaching program which benefits both the Club and individual Club members.
- Commercial: In time, turn the Section into a sustainable business entity within the greater Club structure.
- Provide high class coaching services with detailed analysis, comprehensive reporting and individual improvement programmes.
- Identify, develop and mentor high-calibre players capable of playing first class cricket.
- Establish a colt’s programme for promising youngsters and schedule development games against schools and other youth structures.
- Increase the number of players who experience ‘personal success’ through improved technical, tactical and mental skills.
- Improve the performance of all WPCC representative teams.
- Create an environment where players choose to play at WPCC and enjoy it.
Please email: A concise cv and a 1 page brief detailing how you would approach the challenges of the position, to Trevor.Pape@aurecongroup.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing date: Close of business on Tuesday, 25 June 2019.
Please note: If you have not received feedback within 14 days of the closing date, you may deem your application to be unsuccessful. Western Province CC reserves the right not to fill this position.