Notice is hereby given that the 154th Annual General Meeting will be held at
- Confirmation of minutes of the 153rd Annual General meeting held on Thursday, 31 August 2017
- Matters arising there from.
- To receive and consider the Executive Committee’s Reports and the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 May 2018.6.1 Committee Report
6.2 Finance Report
6.3 Club Captain Report
- To consider and if thought fit, to pass any notice of motion of which due notice has been correctly lodged in writing with the Club Manager not less than fourteen (14) days prior to the meeting.
- To elect the Honorary Club President and Vice-Presidents who shall be recommended by the Committee.
- To elect a Club Captain. The retiring Club Captain is Chris Boyes
- To elect five (5) Executive Committee members.10.1 Members of the retiring committee are:
Neil Strybis: Chairman
Duncan de Groot: Vice-Chairman and Finance
Scott Fraser: Events and Marketing
Bruce Cruickshank: Membership
Lenore Fuller: Grounds and Maintenance
(Shaun Fisher: Co-opted)
Neil Strybis is retiring and unavailable for re-election having served his term as Chairman.
Members wishing to nominate candidates for election as one of the members of the Committee or as the Club Captain are reminded that, in terms of clause 34 of the Constitution, each nomination must be supported by a written proposal signed by at least five (5) members entitled to a voice and vote in the management of the Club. Such written consent of the candidate hereto must be lodged with the Club Manager no later than 16 August 2018. Proposal forms are available from the Club Manager.
Minutes of the 153rd Annual General Meeting held on 30 August 2017 will not be read out at the meeting, but are available for scrutiny by members on the Club notice boards and on the Club website from the date of this notice.
In terms of the Constitution, any person who has not renewed their subscription will not be allowed to participate in or vote at the Annual General Meeting.